If you have not heard of Filmstruck yet, allow us to tell you about it. FimStruck is a new streaming service put out by the team at Turner Classic Movies (TCM). It offers the user a variety of hard-to-find, indie, and art house movies to watch. The users can enjoy ad free movies, just the way they were originally intended. A two week trial is being offered, and there are two different options. The standard option will be $6.99 a month, after the two week trial, and the other option includes the Criterion Channel for $10.99 a month.
FilmStruck Geo Restrictions
Though this station may sound great, it is only available in the United States. It would be great to see them expand the field, because there are many around the world that appreciate art house and indie movies. However, that is not likely to happen. They use a technology called geo blocking to restrict use to a certain area. In this case, the US. If you travel abroad or you don’t live in the US, you’ll run into some issues. There is a way to solve this problem, though. You can use a VPN or SmartDNS service to help you get around geographical restrictions. By doing so, you can watch FilmStruck and enjoy content from other streaming sources from anywhere in the world.
How to Watch FilmStruck Outside the USA
If you want to unblock FilmStruck from outside the US, your best bet is to use a Smart DNS ServiceOnce you have signed up, we can suggest some things to do so your account does not go inactive. If you are not aware of exactly how SmartDNS works, feel free to read our reviews. We can sum it up by telling you that its’ goal is to help you unblock geo restrictions that block the user from specific areas.
The best part about it is, you do not have to be tech savvy to set up the service. These days, companies do their best to make things easy. SmartDNS will give you access to other regions of the world as well, so you don’t have to be in the host country. You may also use the service for other popular services.
How to Sign Up for FilmStruck
If you want to sign up for FilmStruck in the US, it is easy enough to do. What happens if you are not there? Just follow these steps.
- Start by connecting to a Smart DNS like Unblock Us or VPN like IPVanish. You’ll want to do this before you sign up for the service. Then, just make sure you are using the services before you connect to any of the popular streaming sites.
- Now, fill out your first and last name, use a valid email address, and set a password.
- Enjoy FilmStruck, and watch as much as you want without ads.
How to Avoid Being Cancelled
After going through those steps, you don’t want to get a cancellation notice for using FilmStruck outside the US. Cancellations for other services have been known to happen before, but it is not a common occurrence. You want to take some care to avoid those, though.
- First of all, make sure you always use the SmartDNS or VPN service before accessing any streaming service.
- Once you go through the steps, you don’t want to spread the word about how easy the process was on social media. Enjoy as much as you want, but take steps not to draw attention to yourself.
If you follow all the steps in our guide, you should be able to enjoy those hard to find movies or other geo restricted content. Just remember to always connect to a Smart DNS or VPN before you access the service.